Buy Securely Online and Save £5**
You can extend basic cover to include protection for course fees and rent, criminal assault, legal expenses and also to cover valuable items outside of your accommodation, for accidental damage and theft anywhere within the UK, such as laptops, mobile phones, cycles, cameras, iPods, jewellery and other portable items.
Click the link above to extend your Basic Cover.
Basic Cover Explained
Your possessions, desktop and laptop computer equipment are insured for theft, fire, flood, burst pipes, storm, vandalism, explosion and lightning. Cover applies within your accommodation, in any temporary residence and in transit at the beginning and end of each term.
This summary does not describe all the terms and conditions of the policy and does not form the contract between you and the insurance provider, so please take the time to read the policy wording to make sure you understand the cover it provides.
View the Master Policy Schedule, Key Facts and Policy Wording
What Am I Insured Against?
Basic cover insures your personal possessions on a new for old basis against theft (whether or not someone physically breaks into your room/flat), fire, burst pipes, storm, vandalism, flood, explosion and lightning.
In the event of a claim, items will be replaced as new, regardless of age or condition (except clothing, linen and rented household goods where a deduction is made for wear and tear).
How Much Am I Insured For?
Your personal possessions are insured whilst inside of your accommodation for up to £4,500 in total. In addition, a further £2,500 cover is provided for computer equipment within your accomodation.
If you live with a partner and/or children, possesssions cover is increased to £6,000.
IMPORTANT: Pedal cycles are only included if registered. To register please click extend basic cover button above
- Personal possessions - up to £4,500 in total.
- Computer equipment - up to £2,500 in total. Cover is extended to include accidental damage.
- In direct transit at the beginning and end of each university term - up to £4,500.
- In university designated storage during vacations - up to £4,500, for theft from forcible entry.
- In university and student union buildings - up to £500, for theft from forcible entry.
- University property on loan - up to £750.
- Replacement locks & keys - up to £300, following damage resulting from burglary.
- Rented household goods - up to £1,167.
- Personal money - up to £50, for theft from your room following forcible entry.
- Credit/debit card fraud - up to £500, following theft from your room following forcible entry.
- Personal accident - up to £10,000, on a scale of benefits.
- Accidental death of a parent or guardian - up to £5,000.
- Criminal assault - up to £500 for costs incurred as a direct result of a criminal assault, excluding theft.
- Legal liability - up to £1,000,000 for injury to others or damage to their property.
- Food spoilage - up to £75, following mechanical failure of fridge/freezer.
- Landlord's property - up to £5,000 for theft or fire damage.
- Pedal cycles on university campus - up to £250, when locked in the university's designated cycle storage facilities (only covered if registered).
Maximum Amounts Payable
The following categories of items are subject to a maximum amount payable during the period of insurance.
- Possessions single item limit - up to £1,167.
- Computer equipment - up to £2,500 in total.
- Jewellery, watches and other valuables - up to £1,167 in total.
- Audio, DVD, video and other data carrying media - up to £750 in total.
What's Not Insured
- The first £10 of any loss
- Pedal cycles: The first £25 of any loss
- Theft from vehicles (except where attended during transit at the beginning and end of term).
- Contact lenses.
- Pedal cycles (unless registered).
- Mobile telephones (unless basic cover is extended).
- Cover outside of your accommodation (unless basic cover is extended).
Your Duty Of Care
You must, at all times, take all reasonable steps to prevent accidents, loss and damage.
** Online purchases pay no administration fee. Telephone purchases are subject to a £ 5 administration fee.