Student Possessions Insurance UK

Room contents insurance cover for students in halls of residence and private rented student accommodation.
Cover includes:

  • Walk in theft (no forcible entry needed)

  • No specific lock requirements

  • Low excess of only £10 per claim

  • Underwritten by the RSA

  • Cover from only £15 a year**

  • Instant cover available online

**£15 annual premium includes Insurance Premium Tax and is only available online. Premium is based on Basic Cover whilst living in a Halls of Residence, with a sum insured of £2,000.

Campus Block Halls Insurance UK

If you're living in Halls of Residence, you may already have automatic cover provided through your university or accommodation provider.

Check our Block Halls page to see if you're already covered by us. Click Block Halls to view your automatic cover and to extend the basic cover (if necessary).

Block Halls

If you're living in Halls but don't automatically have cover in place from your accommodation provider, you can still get cover with our 'Student Possessions Insurance'. Click get a quote and tick Halls of Residence on Stage 1 to receive a discounted premium.

Get a Quote

If you already have basic insurance with another insurance provider and just need a 'Top Up' Cover or you just want insurance for one item. We have a range of separate Student Insurance Products including Tuition Fees and Rental Protection, Mobile Phones, Musical Instruments and more. For more information and to get a quote, click Student Products.

Student Products

Mobile Phone/Gadget Insurance UK

Mobile Phones, Laptops and Other Gadgets are an increasingly essential part of our lives, especially for students. That's why it is important that Student Mobile Phone/Gadget Insurance is purchased in they're stolen or damaged.

There are 3 different levels of cover available, which include options for:

  • Theft (Anywhere in the UK)

  • Accidental Damage (including Water Damage)

  • Accidental Loss

  • Breakdown

  • 90 days Worldwide Cover (as standard)

Plus a low policy excess of £50

FAQ'sGet a Quote

*This product is currently only available to UK residents. If you need to insure your gadgets in Ireland, please include them in a contents and possessions quote to cover them all risk.

Student Travel Insurance

We’ve teamed up with our travel department Cover4Travel to provide a range of affordable travel insurance products suited to students who are resident in either the UK or Ireland. Whether you need cover for a short break, multiple trips, a gap year or back packing trip or going to study abroad.

Choose from a range of cover options such as:

  • Medical Expenses up to £10,000,000/ €10,000,000

  • Repatriation up to £5,000,000/ €5,000,000

  • Cancellation and Curtailment up to £3,000/ €4,000

  • Personal Possessions up to £2,000/ €2,500

  • 50+ Sports and Hazardous Activities automatically included

Student Possessions Insurance Ireland

Our contents and possessions insurance can cover you whether you’re living in university halls of residence or a privately rented student property (including shared properties). Buy securely online and save €5** or click below for more information on any of our other products.

Choose from our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum which can cover you for:

  • Your contents and possessions up to €10,000

  • Laptop up to €2,000 (Anywhere in Ireland)

  • Your Mobile or Smartphone (Anywhere in Ireland)

  • Plus, a range of other benefits and covers

  • Underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of UK General Insurance (Ireland) Ltd

**Save €5 by booking online (all telephone bookings are subject to a €5 admin fee)

Tenants Possessions Insurance

Our tenant's personal possessions insurance is designed for graduates, young professionals and key workers.

  • Includes cover for multiple-occupancy lets (so if you just rent a room we can still cover you)

  • No specific lock requirements

  • 'New for Old' Cover (except clothes and bed linen)

  • Includes multiple occupancy lets

  • 14 day cooling off period
  • Underwritten by the Royal and Sun Alliance plc. (RSA)
  • Cover from as little as £26 per year**

**£26 annual premium includes Insurance Premium Tax and is only available online. Premium is based on Basic Cover whilst living in a BN1 postcode, with a sum insured of £2,000.

About Cover4Students

We’re providers of Specialist Student Insurance products to students, colleges & universities, and student accommodation providers.

Our policies are specifically designed to cater for the wide ranging and varied needs of students in the UK.